PPG2010H: Panel Data Methods for Public Policy Analysis
The goal of the course PPG2010H is to introduce students to statistical methods for the analysis of panel large-scale data. Topics include an introduction to panel data and panel design, statistical modeling of panel data including growth curve models, multilevel linear models and generalized linear mixed models.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Conduct data management and manipulation procedures to prepare large-scale longitudinal data for statistical analyses
- Understand the structure of major RDC longitudinal datasets
- Formulate research problems and select appropriate statistical procedures to address them
- Utilize statistical software to perform longitudinal analyses on large-scale longitudinal datasets
- Interpret and communicate the results of statistical analyses
- Critically evaluate published research papers based on longitudinal data analysis techniques.
Fall (2nd year)